Door Supervisor course
Our engaging trainers combine theoretical knowledge with a practical, hands-on approach to ensure that you gain a thorough understanding. We will cover all kinds of different aspects of the job, taking in topics around health and safety, up-to-date briefings on the relevant laws and legislation, as well as the latest intelligence on developments in drugs and alcohol awareness.
Your instructor will also guide you through practical examples of communication skills, customer care best practices and ways to avoid, diffuse and resolve conflict while working in the private security sector. Successful candidates will leave with a portfolio of skills, increased confidence, and a nationally recognised door supervisor qualification.
Try our Door Supervisor course today!!!
- Principles of Working In The Private Security Industry
The learner will understand the main characteristics and purpose of private security and the legislation, procedures and safe working practices involved.
- Principles of Working As A Door Supervisor In The Private Security Industry
The learner will understand the role of a door supervisor as far as legislation, employee responsibilities and venue management.
- Application of Conflict Management In The Private Security Industry
The learner will understand how to assess and reduce risk in conflict situations using problem-solving techniques to de-escalate.
- Application of Physical Intervention Skills In The Private Security Industry
The learner will understand the implications and risks involved in physical intervention as well as how to use physical skills to protect themselves and others. As well as non-pain compliant standing, holding, and escorting techniques.
Learners will be assessed using a multiple-choice question papers a portfolio of work and practical observation. There are 4 test papers, 3 of which have a pass mark of 70% and the last with a pass mark of 80%. The practical sections will consist of candidate demonstrations of skills and be assessed by a tutor.
Upon successful completion of the course candidates will receive a Level 2 Award for Door Supervisors in the Private Security Industry.
Bridge Training UK courses are open to ALL applicants that can meet the following application criteria:
- Aged 18 years or over
- Have a Literacy/English level to at least a Level 1 standard – this will be determined at the initial assessment phase
- UK Nationals: Passport and/ or Driving Licence and 2 proofs of address (not older than 3 months)
- Non-UK/EU Nationals: Passport/Home Office Documents. 2 proofs of address (not older than 3 months)
- If you have a past criminal conviction you can check your eligibility to obtain an SIA licence Here.